Gutters and Downspouts
Protect the roof on your home or business with quality gutters and downspouts from DependaRoof. We use quality materials to provide new gutters, downspouts and repairs to your existing system to keep water running off your roof and away from your home or business.
A one-inch rainfall on a typical 2,000 square foot roof can produce up to 2,500 gallons of water. A building without a guttering system or a functioning system can contribute to damage to soffit and fascia, shingles, building foundations, driveways, walkways, landscaping. Runoff can also damage paint and cause wood rot.
Gutters come in different shapes and sizes and should be selected based on particular conditions of the home, including aesthetics, slope and size of the roof and local weather conditions. The standard gutter is made of aluminum or galvanized steel and attached to the fascia board at the eaves (roof line of the home). Other types include plastic and copper gutters, wooden gutters on older homes, and integral (to the roof) or built-in gutters on some newer homes. The standard gutter is four to six inches wide. The size of the gutter should match the anticipated amount and volume run-off for the roof.
Downspouts direct the water collected by the gutters down to the ground or drainage system in a controlled fashion. Downspouts are secured to the side of the house and are often constructed of the same material as the gutter. Where the downspout discharges the water is important when controlling surface water around the home. Extensions, additional piping that extends laterally from the bottom of the downspout, are used to direct the roof run-off away from the foundation. Splash guards, or blocks, are used to prevent soil erosion if the downspout discharges onto the ground.
What you can expect from our gutter services:
- Inspection and measurements prior to installation.
- Custom gutter solutions, measured to exact specifications.
- Strong, seamless, watertight gutters.
- Complete clean-up and debris removal.
- Gutter protection and gutter systems installed by licensed professionals.
All gutter replacement contractors are not alike. The product and installation experts at DependaRoof will help you understand different gutter materials and options. We will also help you compare brands and make a smart decision based on what matters most to you. We will consider durability, appearance (style, color, finish), warranty and price.
Benefits of Gutters and Downspouts
- Direct water away from basements, walks and patios.
- Keep the outside of your home clean by preventing mud and sand from splashing up onto siding and windows.
- Protect the color of brick and concrete. No drip lines or discoloring.
- Protect concrete slabs from sinking and cracking.
- Inhibit moisture from entering directly inside open front entries and backsliders.
- Preserve stained wood decks, doors and garage doors from splash-ups.
- Stop landscape erosion. Plant without the concern for flooding.
- Directs water to the sewage system where damage from run-off is not a concern.